04 January 2006

Saharanpur, Locker No 103

We were three ppl. One was just about my age.He was wearing a jeans and a white and blue T shirt. A very happy and nice guy. The other was a uncle types. We packed our bags and were ready to leave. I asked,"When is your train?". He said,"Ten". OK. We bid goodbye. I took two locks, cameout of the Apartment and walked towards the lockers behind the apartment which were attached to a wall and behind the wall was a big tree. I went near the locker 105 and realized that mine is 103 and went to 103. The locker has two compartments, a small one on the top and the bigger one at the bottom. Usually I keep a Ten buck note in the smaller compartment. I locked the bigger compartment and locked my bag. Then I checked the smaller compartment for the Ten rupee note, and surprisingly found a 100 rupee note. I was happy. I took out the train ticket and checked the time. It was written 7:30 and just below the top of the ticket the train name was written as Saharanpur. Immediately I checked my wrist watch and it was 7:40. Just then my cellphone rang. I could feel the ringtone and the vibration. I woke up and picked up the cell, Langur was calling.

I don't know this guy in blue and white T shirt. But I remember his face.
I remember the Apartment.
I remember the Locker and the wall and the big tree behind the wall.
I have never stayed in a room with number 103.
I have never been to Saharanpur or boarded a train with that name and have never missed a train like this.

Again one of those vague dreams like Dream Catcher and Relativity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home