16 December 2005

Break Free

Life is becoming a little bit more monotonous. I am not complaining about that. But somewhere down the line I miss the variety. The blood rush, the excitement. I am searching for the escape. From what I don't know. To where I don't know. But I want to escape. When I saw The motorcycle Diaries , I just thought how different people live life differently. Some are happy earning lots of money, so much that they don't even have time or ways to spend them, or rather I would say enjoy it. There are many who just manage to meet both ends. But is money all that we want? Why don't people take a long vacation, go for something adventurous and do things they always wanted to do, but never do just because they are so busy with work. Is it that important. I don't know. Probably because I have not yet started working and I don't know how it feels to work. But one thing I have noticed is, they just work and work and almost do nothing else. Their way of spending time is either the weekend beer with their beer buddies or just go home tired and sleep as much as you can, probably compensate for the whole week's sleep loss. Is that what they thought they would be doing when starting with their professional life. I don;t think so. Everyone dreams of going for some outdoor activity, to join a gym , health club, most common being to be health conscious and start on a jogging program, but after the initial euphuism everything boils down to just one excuse, "I don't get enough time.I just get tired." Probably people actually become busy, and that's the price they pay for earning those mega bucks. But is it that difficult just to overcome this and start doing things you always wanted to do. These are small things which bring small happy moments and we cherish them. I am sure there are many who might have passionately thought about doing photography, or painting, or writing or reading books, go biking, spend sometime in the wild, visit and explore a new place and many more such activities. But with time they die a silent death. You see your dreams dying infront of you. That's definitely sad. You and only you are responsible for this. And only iff you want,you can overcome this. Its a well laid , traditional trap which everyone knows and everyone falls prey to but there are very few who either don't fall prey to this or come out of this. The choice is yours. I hope I'll never fall into this trap. But this urge to break free is burning more and more inside me. I don't know where will it lead me. I am myself confused. All I want is to break free, to escape. A different escape. May be future has many more things for me to discover. Someday I will break free.......Very soon.

Break Free..&.. Escape

1 Comments:

Blogger arpana said...

i want to break free too.... from being a middle class nobody !

Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home