04 December 2005

Luck with Luckshmi

There are times when we get lucky with cash or something . Here are a few

France World Cup 98- Wrist Watch with the Mascot

A T shirt in a trade fair where every hour they announce a winner from the junta, the entry is the same as the gate ticket just 2 bucks

A pressure cooker at home. We don't take the oriya newspaper, but our newspaper wala gives a copy if he finds an xtra copy. Now this particular newspaper guys come with camera and banners and ask if we show them their newspaper of that date we will win a gift. My mom just tells them that sorry we don't take this newspaper. I just checked that day our paperwala had given that xtra copy. I showed it and we won a pressure cooker :D

Hidesign Belt. I used to take Economictimes when there was no internet at room. One day I got a catalogue of Pondicherry and there was a contest at the end. The answers were there in the catlagoue and it was easy to find out. I just mailed it from four differenet e mail ids. Don't know which one clicked, I got 1000 /- gift voucher and bought two belts.

Ya now the Luckshmi part. There are many instances when I have been lucky. A few memorable ones

Goa.. roaming around and two of my friends' roll finishes. So we go to the shop and they buy two rolls, but the uncle didn't cut much price. Just then I checked my camera and it was about to finish. So I went and asked for a Kodak roll. The printed price was 115 I guess. I asked it for 100. Uncle ji finally gave it for 110. I gave him a 500 note and he gave me 440 , an extra 50 :)

Last summer when I was in insti I stayed in the hostel for one month and 20 days. The mess bill should have been a minimum of 2500. When I came and checked it was 250. I just ran to the ATM, paid 250 and got my No Dues Certificate.

Once I made my bank balance negative by 600 bucks.

There was this xerox shop wala who xeroxed some extra copies and was asking me to pay for that also. It was 7 bucks. I was getting late so I just gave him a Rs 50 note and told him to listen carefully how many copies the customer wants. He returned me 93.

And there are N small instances like this.


1 Comments:

Blogger Lalit Singh said...

shaadi india mein hi karungaa
fikar not

Monday, December 05, 2005 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home