09 November 2005

Relativity

In our lifetime we come across so many times when we compare and get compared. Nothing strange in it,, its just normal human behavior. Be it small or big, but we do compare. Be it at the starting as a kid compared with the kids next door, in school, with other students, academically, in sports, in arts, when in college with other studs.Be it the IQ factor, the cool factor , the looks factor, the cash factor and so many infinite things, the list is endless I guess.And not surprisingly ppl get affected by this comparison in someway or the other,, be it big or small. To put all these I would just say, everything is relative. Nothing absolute about it. In all these comparisons ppl often forget that,its not absolute.Everyone is unique, everyone has got some qualities and the combination of all these qualities makes him unique.Picking up a few from these,and saying he is not good or bad is mere comparison and nothing else.


"Ash, the world's most beautiful woman", for me Sush is more beautiful then ash.

"I want to come first". Xcellent, that's a lot of effort and hardwork,, and you deserve it. But if you say I want to come first and can't do with a 2nd or 3rd,, then I would say w.r.t whom?.In a class, there are just a bunch of kids, that's not the end, in a school, again that's a group of students and the more you come out of these subsets,you are still being compared w.r.t a group.You can't be the absolute first. In this whole process of coming first, does anyone ever realize that he is relatively better then the 2nd or 3rd.This obsession with parents to see their kids always come first begins at the start of their life and haunts throughout their life.Do they ever realize that,beyond coming first there are other things in life, which are more important.


Yeah, coming first feels good,but what's the use if you can't share the happiness with the guy who came 2nd or 3rd, or I would say the guy who came last.Whats the use if you don't help the guy who is 3rd or 4th just thinking that he may take the lead or even don't help the guy for whom your coming first doesn't even matter in the list. Upto some point this "first" tag will take you somewhere, but beyond that,its you, the inner you which matters.The guys who came 4th, 5th,30th and 40th are great friends,who cares if the guys who came 1st , 2nd and 3rd were fighting for the 1st slot and that was their only aim.

I am more intelligent, I know more, I - - - - more,,, do ppl ever think that they are using a relative term like "more" and come up with these kind of statements.

Am I looking good? Am I pretty? Am I intelligent? Yes, ask me these and I will give you my view, my opinion and how I perceive you and the uniqueness that you have.

But , come with statements like Am I looking better then someone? Am I more intelligent? and I would say, why the hell do you care, why the hell are you asking me? If you want a more appropriate answer, then collect information from as big a sample as you can and find out yourself, or take the average, that will be the closest to what you are asking for.Why don't ppl understand that each individual is as unique as you. Compare when its due, when its required. No one buys stuff for a price which is available on the next shop with a lesser price.Thats fair.

Whether you buy my thoughts or not, I don't care. Call,whatever the whole world wants to call me, I don't care.May be someday you will come up with something which is absolute, and may be for that you will have to think beyond the speed of light......................till then keep searching

1 Comments:

Blogger arpana said...

kameene ! mereko taana maar rela hain ! :p

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home